Friday, April 8, 2011

Well here goes nothing

a random moment of inspiration. That will last - 2 minutes? 2 posts? 2 months? 2 years? 2 lifetimes?

Who knows. But for now it exists.

And to kick of the awesome inter-web space of...nothing - here's one of the few videos that makes me pause and think.

But I want to do more than just pause and think. I want to pause...and act. But how?


Edit:

This got me thinking even more. What am I doing with my life? What am I really doing with my life? Sometimes I feel like it is all a waste - going to school for years, getting money to buy fancy stuff, buying even more fancy stuff, spending hours in front of the tv, talking about nothing with friends - dont get me wrong, I love doing those things - but vids like this make me think - and show me how inconsequential my life is. Good god - life really isnt worth living if you're not giving..

Whew! What a depressing first (maybe last?) post! Just had to get that off my chest.

3 comments:

  1. lol...I actually love your blog title....thats why i came over....please dont make this your last post....please, please, pleaseeeeee


    www.gistdotcom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol missus Yemmi - no worries, I'll try to update this once in a while. thanks for stopping by, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings....
    When one is in preparation it always feels fruitless and pointless that is because we are not able to foresee what the future holds hence what we do seem pointless and boring. Take time, be patient, enjoy your life and remember most of what you seek is in the journey and not in the end result although when we are young the end result is all we seek and feel we need and have little tolerance for the journey and the lessons it holds.

    One thing you can do is create a plan and along with the purchases of those fancy things, save for your future house, build a nest egg in the event life serves you a surprise and you are presented with opportunities to travel then you will have the means to do so and not sit and ponder how you will get the means to exercise your right to use the opportunity to spread your wings and fly.

    Mindfulness Thought
    Don't spend your life comparing yourself to others for what you see is only window dressing were you privy to all that is you may not be as envious of what appears to be "great and more meaningful."

    The grass always appear greener on the other side until you get close enough to see the dry patches, contaminated spaces and the shit putrid and stinking and blinking in the sun light which you once saw from a distance and thought it was gold dancing.

    Peace.
    Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete

you said what?!